Focus on Botswana
Welcome to Safari Consultants’ online presentation, showcasing the magic of Botswana.
As the UK’s oldest independent specialist Africa tour operator with over 30 years’ experience, our natural area of expertise lies in Botswana’s key safari areas. Through this series of exclusive video interviews and articles, we hope to offer a more rounded picture of this fascinating nation, and perhaps even inspire you to travel.
The Geography of Botswana
- Video presentation of Botswana’s Geography – Discover the geological secrets behind the most beautiful regions of Botswana
- “The Magic of Botswana” by Rob Slater – an overview of ‘safari’ Botswana.
- Photo album – Safari Consultants share photos of Botswana’s landscape.
- Botswana Trip Report – ‘Mary gets up close and personal with the Meerkats of Makgadikgadi’.
Botswana Conservation & Wildlife
- Video interview with Brian Jackman – with over 30 years’ experience of travel writing, with the Sunday Times & the Daily Telegraph among other publications, we ask journalist and author Brian Jackman for his views on conservation in Botswana.
- Photo album – Safari Consultants share photos of Botswana’s wildlife.
- Botswana Trip Report –‘Rob on the trail of Wild Dog in Botswana’s Linyanti & Okavango regions’
History & Politics of Botswana
- Video interview with Sir Alan Haselhurst M.P. (Chairman of the UK Commonwealth Parliamentary Association) – “Africa, Botswana & The Commonwealth” – Discover The Commonwealth’s role in Africa, the legacy of the past, current challenges, and hopes for the future.
- Video presentation “The Birth of Modern Botswana” with excerpts from Sir Alan Haselhurst M.P. Botswana’s recent history is a dramatic and fascinating tale – from intense colonial politics and dazzling diamonds, to the true love story of unshakable royal romance; this is a colourful country with a colourful past.
- Article: “A Potted History of Botswana” – a synopsis of the story of Botswana’s recent past, from the 19th century to the present.
- Botswana Trip Report – ‘Oliver explores Zambia & Botswana’
Culture & Art of Botswana
- Video presentation of San Bushmen & Tsodilo Hills rock art – Discover something about the indigenous people of Botswana, and enjoy an introduction to the sometimes overlooked rock paintings of the Tsodilo Hills
- Photo album – Safari Consultants share photos of the San people and rock art.
- Botswana Trip Report – ‘New sounds, stormy skies‘. Jane in Botswana in the emerald season.
- Botswana Trip Report – ‘Michele experiences Botswana in May.’
Back to News and Blogs